Happy New Year Everyone! Welcome to 2017!! I hope that this is going to be a great year for everyone. I’m feeling super positive and super excited for new beginnings and adventures. I can’t wait to find out what 2017 brings. Before I get into talking about what I hope to achieve in 2017, I thought it would be nice to reflect on 2016 and see what I managed to accomplish. I gave myself a week off blogging after completing BLOGMAS but I’m back and ready to write, write, write! I had a great Christmas week and loved celebrating with family. I was very spoilt and can’t wait to share with you the gifts I received. So time to say goodbye to 2016..
I actually managed to stick to the majority of my New Year Resolutions I set myself last year but I also achieved a few things I never thought I would, especially last year when I wasn’t at my best.
– New love for reading – I used to HATE reading, and it annoyed me. I wanted to be able to sit down and relax with a good book for years but I never could. I used to read a couple of pages and then fall asleep!! I tried and tired for years and was never successful but in 2016 my luck changed! I had NEVER completed one book! (Dreadful I know) But in 2016 I actually managed to finish 12 books. I know that may not be a lot to most people but it’s a real achievement for me. I’m super proud of myself and I am loving my new found love for reading.
– Lost a STONE in weight – This is something again that I have wanted to achieve for a while. I started to consider my weight towards the end of 2016. It took me 4 months but I actually lost a stone and I look forward to the rest of my weight loss journey. Everyone says it but I will be healthier in 2017, I’m going in the right direction.
– Been in my job a year – I love my Job at Emmerdale and I have now been there for over a year. I’m so glad I have found something that I absolutely love and actually want to get up for in a morning!
– Lots of blogging – I have actually managed to blog nearly a 100 times in the past year and I am so proud of that. I promised myself this time last year that I would continue to build my blog and I actually stuck to it, and I LOVE it.
– Kept a diary all year – This was something I wanted to try, to try and help me remember specially moments throughout the year. I personally think it is a great task to write down what you are thinking to help with your personal development. I love having a good read of my thoughts from time to time and I have enjoyed writing everyday. I would say my writing has improved massively too and this is something I want to develop even more in the new year, in new ways.
– Managed to Start my Savings – It may only be a very very small amount but I’ve started and I will continue so that’s got to mean something right?! Ha!
– Went abroad alone for the first time. – This is something that made me extremely proud of myself. I never thought I would have the confidence to do it and you know what I am so happy I did. I had the best time!!
I did achieve a few other personal things that I won’t bore you with but overall I am so proud of how I’ve developed as a person and achieved what I wanted last year. There are however a few things I feel I need to improve on, looking back at last year..
– Make more time for family and friends – I worked A LOT last year, it’s all I did with my time. I was living to work and didn’t spare the time to do things I love. I will improve this year, as family and friends are so important.
– Learn Photography – I bought a camera last year and only used it a fair few times. I want to take the time to learn more about photography and visit new places to practise.
– Travel more – I am always researching places around the world and promise myself I will go out there and visit the places I have found. But again, work took over last year and I never had any time. Something I really really want to work on.
2016 was a challenging year for me personally but I also had some of the best times with family and friends. There’s always good and bad in every year and I can only learn from what I was faced with in 2016. I’m feeling super postive and excited for what the new year will bring. I have so much to look forward too aswell. Here’s too a fantastic 2017!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Emily Jane xo