Hi everyone! GUESS WHAT! I finally did it, I bought my own domain! 😁 so from now on you can find me at ‘Emi Jane‘. I’ve gone for something completely different to start a fresh… More
I have always hated the gym. I have never found any enjoyment out of it. I used to have to force myself to go so I think that may be the main reason why I never saw any results from the many times I have tried to join a gym! Most people join gyms in January but I actually cancelled my membership this January as I had been wasting my money for the last 4 months of 2016. I knew I wasn’t going to go as I really came to hate going so I thought I needed to start looking for something else. A way of exercising that can be fun too..
People say that in order to lose weight you don’t necessarily need to do exercise and that you can lose weight by simply changing your diet. However, I personally felt it was important to incorporate some exercise into my routine, to help boost my weight loss. I also wanted to use exercise as a new hobby and to meet new people.
At the end of December last year a friend of mine introduced me to ‘Clubbercise‘ and I haven’t looked back since! I have attended classes once a week for the past 4 weeks and I absolutely love it. I actually look forward to it coming around each week, and I never would have thought I would enjoy doing exercise!
What is Clubbercise you may ask?! It seems to be the new craze, there seems to be groups popping up everywhere. The best way to describe it is just like Zumba but.. YOU HAVE GLOWSTICKS AND ITS IN THE DARK! Basically you get to dance around to fast paced routines in the dark with loads of flashing lights and your very own multi- flash GLOWSTICKS!
It’s A.MAZE.ING. I currently go to a place in Sheffield but if you search ‘clubbercise – and then your town/city’, on Facebook, loads of different classes come up. Here’s mine if you want to have a look.. https://m.facebook.com/jackie0906/ There’s a few videos on there too that show you what it’s all about.
I highly recommend giving it a go if there is a class near you. I am someone that never goes red when I exercise but this makes me look like a tomato! And I ache for DAYS after too, so it must be doing something! It is so much fun and definitely works; I’m already seeing results only 4 weeks in.
Who doesn’t want to dance around in the dark with flashing lights and lose weight/tone at the same time?! Go and try a class ASAP! Let me know if you give it a go.
Bye for now,
Emily Jane xo
*image not my own. From the official Facebook page of my group.
I’ve taken some time this year to really think about my goals for 2017. I wanted to get them just right as I want this year to be perfect! If I have set goals in my head I know that I will work hard towards them, hence the time taken to plan them. I was so happy with myself for completing all my goals last year, which is giving me even more motivation to succeed this year. So here we go..
1. Self love. – This seems to be on everyone’s goals this year and I really do understand why! Towards the end of last year I tried my hardest to concentrate on me and only me. Sometimes it’s hard but it is so important! I had a very challenging year last year due to multiple things which really knocked my confidence but I’m hoping to bring my confidence back in 2017.
2. Have as much FUN as possible. – Exactly what is says. I am going to try and enjoy everything thrown my way this year. I’m going to plan and organise my weeks, to make sure I’m having as much fun as possible. Visit new places, spend time with family and friends and learn new things. I’m finally ready to get out there and smile!
3. Think POSITIVELY about everything. – All towards a happier me! I’m going to not think as negatively about everything. I got myself so down in the dumps thinking negatively about everything last year, but I’m going to turn that around, no matter what is thrown my way.
4. Spend MORE TIME with family & Friends. – I didn’t do enough of this last year. I worked worked and worked and didn’t spend time with my loved ones as much as I would have liked. So I want to concentrate on building back up my special relationships with my friends by planning lots of days out. I also want to take the time to visit family and learn all about their past. A little project I’ve set myself.
5. Do MORE of what I love. – Again, fits well with the ‘self love’ goal. I want to do more blogging, practice more with my camera, read more books, watch more films at the cinema, do a whole lot more of what I enjoy!
6. Continue to lose weight – I never thought I would ever lose weight. I’ve always been unhappy with it but losing a stone towards the end of last year has really spurred me on! I’m excited to continue with my weight loss journey and work towards my desired weight. (I know everyone says this, but I actually have lost some already so I’m just carrying on, ha!)
7. Visit New Places. – I want to visit at list 4 new places around the world this year and around 8 new places in the UK! I’m forever researching and reading about the world and I now think it’s time to go and see the places I’ve found. I held myself back from going last year as I didn’t want to go alone. But I’m not letting it stop me this year!
8. SAVE money. – I tried my hardest to do this last year and didn’t really succeed so I’m going to give it a go again this year. I want to save for a deposit for a house!
They are all pretty broad this year as the most important goal for me is to be HAPPY! No more stressing about silly things and dwelling on the past & I believe these goals will help me on my way.
I have also set aside some personal blog goals this year too. I understand that blogging has now become such a popular hobby and is actually becoming some peoples full times jobs! But I just want to try and increase my following this year. I want what I’m writing to actually be heard..
1. Buy my own blog domain.
2. Look into paid blog opportunities.
3. Try and get 1000 followers by the end of the year.
4. Interact more with other blogs.
5. Plan ahead what I’m going to post about.
6. Research into blog props.
Did you set any goals this year? They seem to be dying out but I certainly like to have something to work towards. Let me know below if you have, I’d love to see what everyone wants to achieve this year.
Emily Jane xo
The motivational quote blogs are back! And the first fits perfectly with the new year. I am so excited for 2017, I have so much to look forward too and I have so many plans. I found this quote on Pinterest yesterday afternoon and it couldn’t be more true. It’s definitely something I’m going to live by this year..
‘1 Year = 365 Opportunies’
Very cliche I know, but I wanted to talk about it because it is 100% true! I know that January is an all round depressing month, no-one has much money after the festivities and everyone is sad that Christmas has come to an end. But with this quote in mind, let’s try and change depressing January into the month full of amazing Opportunies! It’s a new year for you to do whatever you want! Go on that dream holiday you have wanted to go on for years, take the plunge and quit the job you hate and take on the fantastic opportunities you have always wanted to do. This year is your year!
365 days seems so long, but amazing at the same time. 365 days where you can chose to do whatever you want. I understand that work has to take up a lot of those days to pay the bills but there is so much time to do the other things you want to achieve this year aswell. Everyone changes so much in a year due to the opportunities they choose to take, so go and do what you love! 365 days to work on yourself, develop relationships and generally have fun doing what you want.
And if you have a bad day, or a bad week, there is always a new day just around the corner. A new day is so exciting, 24 precious hours to do what you want with. This is something I hope to do this year, I want to start using my time more wisely. Not sleeping in too late (many every once in a while😉), not spending hours watching rubbish on the TV or generally laying about all day. I want to use my time more appropriately, learn more about this crazy world we live in and most importantly work on developing as a person.
So here’s to 365 days filled with 365 opportunities! Don’t waste your days, try and do something worthwhile to get you to where you want to be by the end if the year. Let’s work on this together in 2017!
Emily Jane. xoxo